A wide variety of lab tests can be ordered through your Naturopathic Doctor. Lab tests are not covered by OHIP, but it may be covered by your extended healthcare insurance plan.
Dr. Chambers may recommend lab testing based on your health history and symptoms. It is always up to you as to whether or not you have testing done. Dr. Chambers may also recommend that you get certain tests done through your family physician so that it can be covered by OHIP.
Commonly offered lab tests include:
- Food Intolerance Testing
- Tests your immune system’s IgG type reactivity to 95 different foods, plus yeast. This is useful for determining foods that may be causing you digestive upset, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, and fatigue. Eliminating food intolerances helps to reduce inflammation, and may also play a role in treating migraines, joint pain, eczema, psoriasis, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Vitamin and mineral blood testing
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B12
- Magnesium, calcium, zinc
- Most other vitamins and nutrients are available for testing
- Thyroid panel
- Free T3, free T4, reverse T3, TSH, anti-TPO antibody
- SIBO Testing
- Three-hour lactulose breath test assesses for both hydrogen and methane types of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). This is useful in patients with suspected SIBO, severe nausea and bloating, and low motility.
- General blood work
- Autoimmune markers screening
- Cholesterol panel
- Liver panel
- Most other types of blood work are available for testing
- Cortisol Stress Testing
- Four point salivary and one point blood cortisol testing available. This is useful in patients experiencing fatigue, difficulty coping with stress, difficulty losing weight, and insomnia.
- Hormone/Fertility/PCOS Blood Work
- Estrogen, progesterone, FSH, LSH
- Testosterone, DHEA
- Stool testing
- Heavy metal testing